By Chana Ya’ar
First Publish: 3/3/2013, 2:11 PM
The epicenter of the quake was detected at a depth of nine kilometers, according to the state-run Xinhuanews agency. The quake registered as deep as 33 kilometers below the surface of the planet, according to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).
More than 20 people were hurt in the temblor, which registered at 5.5 on the Richter scale. Three of the injured sustained serious wounds.
Last September, twin earthquakes in the same province triggered landslides that killed at least 80 people. The region is prone to earthquakes.
The area in which the quake occurred in considered fairly remote.
Although Jews travel to China on business, they are generally not found in such remote areas, and none were reported injured or missing in the quake.
- 700 Homes Destroyed in China Earthquake (vineoflife.net)
- 700 Homes Destroyed in China Earthquake (countdowntoeternityblog.wordpress.com)
- SW China quake destroys 700 homes, injures 30 (bostonherald.com)
- China quake destroys 700 homes, injures over 20 (foxnews.com)
- China Quake Destroys 700 Homes – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- Second large quake in a week hits Solomon Islands (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- PCI Urges Participation in “Great Shakeout” Earthquake Drills (prweb.com)
- 700 homes destroyed, 20 hurt in southwest China quake (thehindu.com)
Viewpoints expressed herein are of the article’s author(s), or of the person(s) or organization(s) quoted or linked therein, and do not necessarily represent those of The Olive Branch Report
Subscribe to my daily newsletter, and join hundreds of daily readers and receive news and relevant commentary
Don't forget to follow The Olive Branch Report on Facebook and Twitter. Now available on your Amazon Kindle Device. Please help spread the word about us, share our articles on your favorite social networks.
If you value what you see on The Olive, please consider donating, any amount helps. We derive NO revenue from this site, and upkeep is expensive.
Female, Christian blogger, writing, watching, uniting in prayer with the Body of Christ. Romans 1:16 For I am not Ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.