As a reminder to those who thought the account related in the Passover Haggadah might have been an exaggeration – think again. Millions of locusts have swooped down in a swarm from the sky on to the land of Egypt.
The locust plague struck over the weekend in the Giza region, home to a cluster of famous pyramids, according to reports in Arab media.
Officials estimated that at least 30 million of the insects have swarmed on to the fields and farms about 15 miles southwest of Cairo. The locust swarm is causing massive damage to agriculture in the area, Alwatan News reported.
Residents were warned not to try to drive away the locusts themselves in order to avoid creating further damage. Instead, “Egyptian armed forces and border guards are attempting to fight the swarm with all means at their disposal,” said Egyptian Agriculture Minister Dr. Salah Abd Al Mamon.
“I ask the families living in the locust-plagues areas not to burn tires,” Mamon appealed. “This does not chase away the locusts, but only causes damage and could ignite large-scale fires that would cost in lives.”
Instead, Mamon noted the weather forecasters have predicted strong winds are soon to come, which he hopes will take the locusts towards the Red Sea, and Saudi Arabia. The department also plans to use crop duster planes to address the infestation.
- Egypt Struck by Swarm of Locusts Ahead of Passover (vineoflife.net)
- Egypt Struck by Swarm of Locusts Ahead of Passover (israelnationalnews.com)
- Egypt Struck by Swarm of Locusts Ahead of Passover (lynleahz.com)
- Locusts Swarm Egypt: Residents Burn Tires to Drive Them Out (theepochtimes.com)
- Egypt Struck by Swarm of Locusts Ahead of Passover (endtimebibleprophecy.wordpress.com)
- Interesting: Passover is coming. Guess what country is hit by a plague of locusts! (bluegrasspundit.com)
- Egypt Hit by Massive Swarm of Locusts (israelnationalnews.com)
- Egypt Struck by Swarm of Locusts Ahead of Passover (oyiabrown.com)
- Britons Report ‘Chaos In Cairo’ (confused.com)
Thank you for donating to The Olive, any amount helps. We derive no revenue of any kind from this site other then donations received. We appreciate your support in the fight against liberalism, political correctness, so-med terrorism, and the removal of God in this country.
Don't forget to follow The Olive Branch Report on Facebook and Twitter. Now available on your Amazon Kindle Device. Please help spread the word about us, share our articles on your favorite social networks.
Viewpoints expressed herein are of the article’s author(s), or of the person(s) or organization(s) quoted or linked therein, and do not necessarily represent those of The Olive Branch Report