“The US will never understand the Islamic Republic of Iran’s offensive scope,” Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari said.”
By Robert Spencer on Jihad Watch
“Islam’s leaders have long ago prepared us for a great and decisive confrontation.” He sounds like some kind of Islamophobe. In any case, he hardly sounds like one of those “moderates” whom the mainstream media tell us are now in power in Iran. Jafari has previously said that if Israel attacks Iran’s nuclear program, “nothing will remain” of Israel.
“Iran’s Offensive Power to Stun US: IRGC Commander,” from Iran’s Tasnim News Agency, January 25:
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) in reaction to threatening remarks by the US secretary of state underlined that the United States will be stunned by the offensive power of the Islamic Republic if it resorts to military action against Iran.
“The US will never understand the Islamic Republic of Iran’s offensive scope,” Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari said.
Speaking Saturday in an exclusive interview with the Tasnim News Agency on the sidelines of a visit to an exhibition showcasing the capabilities of Imam Hussein (AS) University in Tehran, Jafari said the US threats offer the best opportunity for the “revolutionary Islam” as “Islam’s leaders have long ago prepared us for a great and decisive confrontation”.
The IRGC commander referred to the US administration’s massive debts and its inability to resolve the country’s economic problems, and said it seems unlikely that “wise men” in the US administration would allow the “ludicrous” military option to be employed.
Jafari further noted that political experts and security observers in the US consider the military option against Iran to be good “only on the table” but believe that using the option “would not be in the interest of the US national security.”
“The sun of America’s imperialist civilization is nearing its setting,” Major General Jafari said, warning that Washington’s officials will expedite the collapse of their civilization by repeating the implementation of “failed strategies” like using military force.
US Secretary of State John Kerry in an interview on Thursday said that the military option was still on the table if Iran did not live up to its nuclear commitments under the Geneva deal.
Tehran and the G5+1 (also known as P5+1 or E3+3) had on November 24 reached a six-month deal on Iran’s nuclear program. The breakthrough deal, which has come into effect since January 20, stipulates that over the course of six months, Iran and the six countries will draw up a comprehensive nuclear deal which will lead to a lifting of the whole sanctions on Iran.
Please help us to continue the fight against liberalism and the removal of God in this country. Our costs are considerable, and NO one is paid on this site. Donate today - any amount helps.
Don't forget to follow The Olive Branch Report on Facebook and Twitter. Now available on your Amazon Kindle Device. Please help spread the word about us, share our articles on your favorite social networks.
Viewpoints expressed herein are of the article’s author(s), or of the person(s) or organization(s) quoted or linked therein, and do not necessarily represent those of The Olive Branch Report