By Daisy Luther
This Week in the News
This week, everyone’s talking about North Korea and nuclear war.
While there is a debate in many circles about whether there is actually a threat, it’s important to keep abreast of what’s going on. The following headlines will give you a variety of resources to consider.
1) Some people are asking if the whole thing even real or if it’s propaganda.
Is the rhetoric allegedly coming out of North Korea genuine, or is it propaganda designed to inflame Americans to the point that they welcome pre-emptive action? There are strong opinions as well as some interesting and persuasive cases that say this is the situation. Here are a few of those cases.
- Only Morons Believe What The US Government Says About North Korea
- CALM DOWN: We’re not even close to nuclear war with North Korea
- Remembering the Gulf of Tonkin, and the Consequences of Wanting to Believe
However, even if you think we’re being set up for a potential false flag in order to kick off a war, that still means it’s possible that a nuclear bomb will go off in the United States. So, you still need to be prepared for the potential of a nuclear event.
2) The rhetoric keeps escalating.
Here are the latest articles about the smack-talk between the US and North Korea:
- North Korea Issues “Emergency Standby Orders” To Civil Defense Units: Report
- Pentagon says ready to ‘fight tonight,’ as Trump shows bomber pics
- North Korea Threatens to Surround Guam with an”Enveloping Fire”
- “Don’t Look At The Flash Or Fireball” Guam Issues Survival Guide For Nuclear War As Trump’s Military Locked And Loaded
- North Korea Threatens US with More “Unexpected Gift Packages”
- China Will Defend North Korea Against America if the US Attacks First
- Trump Doubles Down on Fire and Fury Threat Against North Korea
3) There’s endless speculation on how things might go down.
Although none of us has a crystal ball, people are trying to analyze the situation in order to be better prepared for it.
- Avoiding Nuclear War: Why Kim Jong-un’s Strategy Makes Sense
- How did the US get to this point in the long-running conflict with North Korea?
- This Is How America Would Wage a Nuclear War Against North Korea
- This Is the Closest the US Has Been to Nuclear War Since the Cuban Missile Crisis
- North Korea just might be able to win a war, if it begins with an EMP in Tokyo
4) Opinions differ on most likely nuclear targets in the United States
In June, Business Insider provided a map with what they felt would be the most likely nuclear targets in the US.
In 2015, Modern Survival Blog posted several maps of potential targets, including this one, which was credited to FEMA. These are not specific to North Korea, but areas of strategic value.
5) People want to know how to survive if a nuclear attack happens
People are feeling panicked about what could be coming down the pipe, and there’s a simple answer to that panic. Get prepared. Educate yourself. The more you know, the easier it is to calmly put the necessary safeguards into place to protect yourself and your family.
Here are some important resources to help you get prepared.
- Nuclear Preparedness Intensive (a 90-minute interview with a military nuclear expert, hundreds of pages of downloads, and an action plan)
- How to Prepare for a Nuclear Attack (FREE – article with lots of links)
- Get Non-GMO Emergency Food in bulk HERE
- Nuclear War Survival Skills, (FREE – book by Cresson Kearney, the inventor of the Kearney Fallout Meter)
- How to Use Potassium Iodide After a Nuclear Emergency ( FREE – article with PDF download)
- US Armed Forces Nuclear, Chemical, and Biological Survival Manual (book)
Are you concerned about North Korea and nuclear war?
What are your thoughts on the topics above? Are you concerned about the potential of a nuclear threat or do you feel it’s all overblown propaganda? Are you taking some extra precautions? Are you near any of the potential targets on the maps above?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Republished with permission The Organic Prepper
Thank you for donating to The Olive, any amount helps. We derive no revenue of any kind from this site other then donations received. We appreciate your support in the fight against liberalism, political correctness, so-med terrorism, and the removal of God in this country.
Don't forget to follow The Olive Branch Report on Facebook and Twitter. Now available on your Amazon Kindle Device. Please help spread the word about us, share our articles on your favorite social networks.
Viewpoints expressed herein are of the article’s author(s), or of the person(s) or organization(s) quoted or linked therein, and do not necessarily represent those of The Olive Branch Report