There is unprecedented show of force across France Tuesday, with thousands of additional troops deployed to protect citizens.
The move comes as ISIS is renewing a call to target Western nations, including the United States.
Meanwhile, less than a week after the brutal massacre at the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, those who survived the attack are speaking out for the first time.
“There wasn’t a day we didn’t receive death threats but no one could have imagined that our team would be decimated with a Kalashnikov,” Charlie Hebdo journalist Zineb El Rhazoui said.
The staff is working around the clock to finish their next issue. But it has not been easy.
“We lost eight people, eight important people for us, eight friends,” Rhazoui said.
The magazine’s new cover features a cartoon of Islam’s Prophet Mohammed holding a sign that reads, “Je Suis Charlie.”
With a tear running down the prophet’s face, the caption on the cover in French reads, “Tout est pardonne”– in English “All is forgiven.”
“Obviously for us it’s a little difficult to write about anything else other than the attack. It broke us all personally and professionally,” Rhazoui said.
Some 3 million copies will hit newsstands on Wednesday.
Security in Paris and across France is tight ahead of the release, with some 10,000 soldiers deployed– half of them protecting Jewish schools, synagogues and neighborhoods.
“This is very scary and you have got to be afraid, but you have to be a free man because if we’re not free, we can no longer live,” Jewish French resident Mendi Duchan said.
Authorities say as many as six suspects in last week’s attacks may still be at large.
Meanwhile, in a propaganda coup for the Islamic State, sympathizers of the jihadist army reportedly took control of the Twitter and YouTube sites of the U.S military’s Central Command, the lead agency fighting the ISIS terror threat.
Hackers renamed the Twitter feed “CyberCaliphate” and posted several threats, including this one: “American soldiers, we are coming. Watch your back.”
Hackers also uploaded ISIS propaganda videos and posted the names and addresses of generals.
Hours after the cyber-attack, the Pentagon played down the incident calling it “cybervandalism” but the FBI is investigating the incident.
Meanwhile, the White House is answering criticism on the backlash for not attending Sunday’s massive anti-terrorism rally in Paris.
As some of the bodies of those killed in the Jewish supermarket arrived in Israel for burial, the administration admitted it should have sent someone with high profile to attend the event.
More than 3 million people took part in the rally, including 40 world leaders.
SOURCE: CBN News
Thank you for donating to The Olive, any amount helps. We derive no revenue of any kind from this site other then donations received. We appreciate your support in the fight against liberalism, political correctness, so-med terrorism, and the removal of God in this country.
Don't forget to follow The Olive Branch Report on Facebook and Twitter. Now available on your Amazon Kindle Device. Please help spread the word about us, share our articles on your favorite social networks.
Viewpoints expressed herein are of the article’s author(s), or of the person(s) or organization(s) quoted or linked therein, and do not necessarily represent those of The Olive Branch Report