While the Clint Eastwood shtick at the Republican National Convention wasn’t very popular, in retrospect it is perfectly apparent that the legendary actor hit the nail right on the head. President Obama is a disastrous President, an empty chair, who is harming American interests immensely.
As Obama’s second cousin, Dr. Milton Wolf said, “Barack Obama is the worst president in our lifetimes, If not in our history. He has been a disaster. It’s mostly because he either doesn’t understand or has forgotten what America is all about. The American idea itself is about individual liberty, limited government and free-market values.”
Sadly, for so many reasons this President will go down in history as one of the worst:
- Obama has created a system whereby people who believe in self-reliance, economic freedom and the like are to be combated. The “You Didn’t Build That” campaign rhetoric has filtered down into political policies nationwide – and is something that will harm America for many years to come.
- The reality is that there are one million less Americans working today than when Obama took office – and it is likely to get much worse. Is that what he meant when he said “Yes, we can?”
- No one has been caught for the lynching of the American Ambassador in Benghazi, and the entire Middle East is in a shambles thanks to this President who claimed to have a unique understanding of the region. From Egypt, where America helped unseat a pro-West President Mubarak, to Syria, where every single “red line” was crossed, American interests are in a much worst place than when Obama took office. Shameful.
- No one has been held accountable for the misuse of IRS power against political enemies by the government. This is a complete misuse of political power and a shame on American rules and processes. Imagine if a Republican had done this? He would have been impeached.
- The Obama “Yes, We Can” has not created new jobs, and median family income continues to decrease. There’s an all time record high of 48.1 million food stamp recipients – up 80% over the past 5 years.
- Taxes continue to rise, Obama promised America in 2009 that if his nearly $1 trillion “stimulus” spending was enacted, it would bring down unemployment to 5%. That hasn’t happened – yet taxes keep rising and rising and rising.
- Obama has been President for five years, the recovery still doesn’t exist and he keeps blaming the Republicans. During his State of the State of the Union address, he said, “The cold hard fact is that even in the midst of recovery too many Americans are working more than ever just to get by.” Five years he has been President — and still can’t make anything happen? He keeps making excuses and has not performed.
- American allies have learned that they cannot trust America, and those hostile to America have no fear of the hot-air Obama Administration. Unfortunately, much worse than an empty chair, President Obama’s failures have inflicted great and durable harm on the United States.
- Obama has been right in at least two aspects of what he promised:
- Obama promised a “reset” in America-Russian relations, and indeed there has been a reset. Russia has gained tremendous power and America has never been less well-respected worldwide. As Obama promised “Yes, We Can.”
Obama has fundamentally transformed this country as he promised to.
Viewpoints expressed herein are of the article’s author(s), or of the person(s) or organization(s) quoted or linked therein, and do not necessarily represent those of The Olive Branch Report
Subscribe to my daily newsletter, and join hundreds of daily readers and receive news and relevant commentary
Don't forget to follow The Olive Branch Report on Facebook and Twitter. Now available on your Amazon Kindle Device. Please help spread the word about us, share our articles on your favorite social networks.
If you value what you see on The Olive, please consider donating, any amount helps. We derive NO revenue from this site, and upkeep is expensive.
I seek first the kingdom of Christ because everything else in this world is perishing. All that I have is from God who is always faithful. I have worked hard all my life and will continue as long as God lends me breath. The mistakes and bad judgments I made in my life all stemmed from me trying to work things out by myself. I have learned the hard way that the victory over all of my problems and the answers to all of my desires lie solely in my Savior, Jesus Christ.
It is now my desire to share the words that God gives me to encourage and give hope to others who need the strength that only faith in Christ can give.