Offers medical, surgical procedures in 1st, 2nd trimesters of pregnancy
The University of Chicago appears to be one of the only schools in the nation to perform abortions on campus.
On the official website, the school’s Ryan Center Clinic advertises “comprehensive health care for women seeking abortion services” and lists multiple procedures students may undergo.
It is not unusual for schools to provide contraception or referrals to abortion clinics to students, but UC appears to be one of the only universities in the nation to perform the controversial procedure on campus.
The university offers medical abortions and surgical abortions in the first and second trimesters of pregnancy, says the website.
UC declined to say how many abortions are performed by the clinic each year and a spokesperson was not made available to Campus Reform for comment, despite multiple requests.
Kristan Hawkins, President of Students for Life of America, however, responded to the news of an on-campus abortion clinic in an emailed statement to Campus Reform.
“When 46% of abortions are performed on college-aged women, it is no wonder that abortion facilities decide to set up shop directly on campuses to target their best customers,” she said.
Hawkins added that “abortion is not health care” and said she was saddened to see a school provide abortions on campus.
- University of Chicago performing abortions on campus (vineoflife.net)
- University of Chicago: An Abortion Hub? (pjmedia.com)
- University of Chicago performing abortions on campus (wnd.com)
- GRIEF & GRIEVANCE OF ABORTION, part 3 (vineoflife.net)
- Former Planned Parenthood employee admits ultrasounds aren’t “meant to be invasive,” but lies about fetal heartbeats (liveactionnews.org)
- Will Religious Hospitals Be Forced to Provide Abortions? (countdowntoeternityblog.wordpress.com)
- Jennifer Morbelli, New Rochelle teacher, died of complications after abortion, medical examiner says (newyork.newsday.com)
- Health PEI not tracking medical abortions (cbc.ca)
- Arkansas House approves ban on abortions at 20 weeks (healthnexercise.com)